News & Events
UPCOMING MISSION TO PANAMA
February 9TH - 17th, 2019
NEVOSH is excited to announce that we will be returning to Panama for our 2019 mission February 9th - 17th!
After two years in Lidice, we will be returning to the Penonome area and working out of the facility that has provided us with translators for the past several missions. We will be concurrently running a smaller satellite clinic in a more remote location approximately forty five minutes up into the mountainous surrounding area. The comfortable Hotel Coclé will again act as the home base for the entire group. We are very excited about returning to these two new locations and working once more with the Club Rotario El Dorado.
1) Applications (available here) must be received by September 15th. After the application process closes, the documents will be sent to Panama for approval and missionaries will not be added.
2) Applications will not be considered until ALL supporting documentation is received. Some of the documents require notarization, so start to gather them now. Copies of documents from last year are acceptable if you still have them. If a document will be expiring, send the expiring document now and the updated one after you get it.
3) Space will be limited and the number of volunteers will be capped at a similar number as last year. Priority will be given to returning members. Returning members will be given individual approval as soon as their completed application is received. New member approval will be dependent upon how many spots remain and they will be notified no later than October 1st.
4) The application fee and mission fee deposit will be refundable only to applicants that are not accepted. For accepted members, the remaining mission fee balance (for hotel, transportation, and group meals) will be collected closer to the mission date once the amounts have been determined.
5) Make sure the email address listed on your application matches the email address that receives this Google Group message. If you would like to change the email address where you receive these group messages, please let me know and I'll update it.
NEVOSH CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT
MONTAUP COUNTRY CLUB
MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2018
THE FRIENDS AND VOLUNTEERS OF NEVOSH
Brochure and Registration Form (available here)
11:30 a.m. Registration
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Luncheon
1:00 p.m. Shotgun Start
6:00 p.m. Dinner, Awards, Silent Auction, Raffle
- Scramble or Bramble Format
- Prizes for Top Two Teams
- Closest to the Pin (Split the Pot)
- Putting Contest
- Silent Auction and Raffle
- Registration Includes Lunch and Dinner
Montaup Country Club
Close to historic Newport, Montaup is an 18-hole semi-private course. Its signature hole, Par 5 16th, overlooks the scenic Mt. Hope Bay and bridge. Montaup’s first three holes are considered some of the toughest starting holes in Rhode Island. A fairly open, flat course with tricky winds results in a good test of shot-making ability.
195 East to Exit 8A / 24 South, Tiverton /
Newport. Proceed over Sakonnet Bridge to Exit 3, Anthony Road. Left off exit. Montaup Country Club is on the right.
If you do not play golf and would like to make a tax-deductible charitable donation to NEVOSH, please feel free to do so using the Donate page. Thank you.
NEVOSH is a 501(c) 3 tax-deductible charity.